December 8, 2008

A Christmas get-to-know-you....

I got this off Chris Jenkins' blog and thought it was a fun survey:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for that traditional look. My twist on gift bags is to use containers or tins that are part of the gift and wrap with a cellophane bag and add an ornament to the bow.

2. Real or Artificial tree? Going ‘Green’ means to reuse the artificial tree each year….it’s also less mess and easier.

3. When do you put up the tree? The night before Thanksgiving. It’s a family tradition. We play Christmas music, the kids wear Santa Hats and decorate the tree, as I snap photos.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Night. I like a clean start to the new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but being Lactose intolerant, I can’t have it anymore. Wah!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Donny Osmond album!

7. Hardest person to buy for? James. He never gives me enough ideas and is hard to surprise.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Carson. She loves everything you give her.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I did, but it broke, so next year I plan on getting the Fisher Price one, because I know Porter will play with it, so make it plastic and we’ll always have it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, of course! We add a yearly newsletter to those we haven’t seen in awhile and some years we do a family photo.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing at all.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? PRANCER.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually once Fall season starts and I’m usually done by Cyber Monday. I do most of my shopping online w/ free shipping, but always get stocking stuffers in person.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? NO, but a gift bag, yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Our homemade Sugar Cookies.

16. Lights on the tree? As a child, I loved colored lights. As an adult, I prefer white.

17. Favorite Christmas songs? The Christmas Song- by Nat King Cole, Thankful- by Josh Groban, Baby it’s Cold Outside- by James Taylor and Natalie Cole, All I Want for Christmas- by Danny Kay and the Andrew Sisters, Santa Baby- by Eartha Kitt, and Marshmallow World- by Johnny Mathis.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay HOME!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Stained glass looking, plastic Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning only.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The economy.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Anything handmade. I especially love the ornaments my children have made in school with their photos.

24. Real Reason for Christmas? Celebrate the birth of Christ and show love, compassion and giving of one’s self for one another.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? SNOW!!!

No comments: