September 15, 2009

'unschooling' in progress....

...so today, we made Chunky Crayons (aka: color cakes, big fat crayons, melted crayons.....you get the idea. We melted them in vintage Jell-o molds, so the bottoms have 'Jell-o' imprinted on them.

We made: 'Blues-Berry, 'Cha Cha Cherry', 'Pinky-Dinky-Do', 'Green Machine' and 'Yurple' (a mix of yellows and purples).

We will do Leaf Rubbings with these tomorrow (and also teach Carson to Loom Knit).







I was also adventerous and premade dinner and dessert (since I knew we'd be at PMan's 2 hours of Therapy this afternoon). I made Tomato-Basil Quiche and Homemade Peach Cobbler (w/ fresh peaches from Trader Joe's).






....and yesterday, Brig made the ever-so-yummy Pumpkin Muffins (which are almost gone now)...TIME TO EAT!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOuld you be willing to e-mail me all 3 of these recipes, the quiche, cobbler and pumpkin muffins? I must be hungry. THey look sooooo good. Thanks
juliesay@juno.com