February 28, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake...

Tonight's dessert:

Bisquick biscuits:


2 1/3 cups Bisquick baking mix
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp sugar

The strawberry shortcake biscuit recipe used to be on the side of the Bisquick box. For some unfathomable reason, the company has started to print the recipe on the inside of the box. Talk about not understanding your customers! If you can't find the recipe, here it is:

Heat oven to 425°F. Stir baking mix, melted butter, milk, and 3 Tbsp of sugar in a mixing bowl until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 biscuits.

1 comment:

IamSusie said...

That is exactly the strawberry shortcake recipe we made at home when I was a kid! I noticed it was missing from the box... My mom taught me to make the shortcakes and then praised my efforts and called me the "expert" and asked me to make them all the time, especially for Sunday suppers. Mom is tricky and this was her way of distributing kitchen duties to us kids.