January 28, 2015

Baby Steps...

I just have to say this...deciding to become a Minimalist is not an easy choice. It takes patience and practice. You must take 'baby steps'.

Example:
Today my mission was to buy Cameron 3 filler paper packs and 3 sets of index cards for school (new semester). I walked into Dollar Deals, picked up a few other items automatically, thinking;


"Cute."... when all of a sudden my inner voice spoke to me. (Spoken in a 'Valley Girl' voice):
...
"Um, hello? What do you think you are doing there? Oh-My-Gosh, Peggy! How do you think you can you minimize your entire life if you continue to think and act in your old ways? Fer Sure! I mean DUH!!!"

So....after rolling my eyes, I put everything back except for Cam's supplies $6 worth, a $3 much needed pair of sunglasses for myself (totally), and a $1 notepad (included a pen) for my purse- also much needed (I'm a list maker). Hey...I said Baby Steps! Spent $10 total....and walked out feeling like, OMG, I can totally do this!

Just saying...you have to be willing to listen to that inner voice and break old habits. Even if it's a good deal or on sale....do you really NEED it? If not, put it back! This also goes for crafting (for us crafty types). I won't NEED yarn for a very long time. I don't NEED anything else craft related for a very long time. In fact....I NEED to get rid (donate, sell, give to friends) some crafts supplies, rubber stamps, etc...Craigslist may become my close friend after all.

Peace Out!

No comments: